Various Subject Areas: EU Transitional Bursary Scheme for Research Students 2021/22 Entry
Closing date: Apply as soon as possible
The UK and Welsh Governments have confirmed that EU students commencing their studies in the academic year 2021/22 will be classified as international students. As such, EU students will no longer be eligible for UK fee status or have access to funding through the Student Loans Company.
At Swansea, we wish to support EU students that will be affected by this change in status with an EU Transitional Bursary for those who join us in the academic year 2021/22. The bursary will be awarded as an automatic discount to tuition fees and will reduce the fees to the same level as UK tuition fees for those that are eligible. This will apply for the duration of your course.
Key eligibility details include:
- Available to those studying a Master’s by Research (including MRes), Master of Philosophy (MPhil), Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctorate (PhD, EngD, DProf, Degree by Published Works) programmes.
- Must be ordinarily domiciled in an EU country*.
- Must be an EU applicant who has been classified by the University as an international student for 2021/22 academic year entry fees purposes, i.e. October 2021, January 2022, April 2022 and July 2022 enrolment windows.
- Full-time and part-time programmes are eligible.
* The EU countries that are included in this transition are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
Full terms and conditions will be added as soon as available.
Each bursary is worth the difference between the international and UK tuition fee. For information about the programme fees, please visit the Postgraduate Research Programmes page.
How to Apply
Bursaries will automatically be awarded to students who accept an offer to study an eligible research programme at Swansea University. You do not need to make a separate application for this bursary.
To be considered for the EU Transitional Bursary, you must complete the following steps:
- Apply for an eligible research programme starting at Swansea University in academic year 21/22, i.e. October 2021, January 2022, April 2022 or July 2022;
- Formally accept your offer of study.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.